On Tuesday, April 5, 2016, we hosted a free webinar entitled “When Joy Is Hard To Find: Experiencing Christ in the Midst of Suffering.” When things in our life hit a rough spot, it is easy to become anxious and fearful. Often we can be plagued with doubts and struggle to experience Jesus in the midst of the challenge. The good news is that in the midst of suffering, God is very near. This webinar shares from the lives of the panelists and from the wisdom of the saints ways to find Christ’s joy and consolation in the midst of suffering.
Our panelists include:
- John Beaulieu
- Dan Harms
- Katie Prejean
Here is the list of books that were recommended during this webinar:
- I Believe in Love: A Personal Retreat Based on the Teachings of St. Therese of Lisieux, Fr. Jean C. J. d’Elbee
- Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence: The Secret of Peace and Happiness, Fr. Jean Baptiste Saint-Jure & Bl. Claude de la Colombiere
- Divine Mercy in My Soul: The Diary of St. Faustina Maria Kowalska
- 33 Days to Merciful Love: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat in Preparation for Consecration to Divine Mercy, Michael E. Gaitley, MIC
- Making Sense Out of Suffering, Peter Kreeft
- The Name of God is Mercy, Pope Francis
- Crossing the Threshold of Hope, Pope John Paul II
For more webinars, please visit our webinar page here!